With this patch dmenu will have basic mouse support. The following features are supported:
Mouse actions supported:
- Left-mouse click:
- On prompt and input field: clear input text and selection.
- In horizontal and vertical mode on item: select and output item (same as pressing enter).
- In horizontal mode on arrows: change items to show left or right.
- Ctrl-left-mouse click: multisel modifier.
- Right-mouse click: close.
- Middle-mouse click:
- Paste current selection.
- While holding shift: paste primary selection.
- Scroll up:
- In horizontal mode: same as left-clicking on left arrow.
- In vertical mode: show items above.
- Scroll down:
- In horizontal mode: same as left-clicking on right arrow.
- In vertical mode: show items below.
- Motion (needs motion-support patch):
- Selects the hovered item.
- dmenu-mousesupport-motion-5.2.diff (Applies on top of the original mouse-support patch).
- dmenu-mousesupporthoverbgcol-20210123-1a13d04.diff set selectbg color on hovered item.
- dmenu-mousesupportwithgrid-5.0.diff variant compatible with grid.
- Hiltjo Posthuma - email@example.com
- Xarchus (for multisel support).
- prx (for selectbg color on hovered item)
- Nathan Sketch (for grid compatibility) - firstname.lastname@example.org
- NRK email@example.com - Motion support for v5.2